Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS+BGP with two peer generating default route

Dear Team,

We have 1000 sites and all are connected mpls and bgp is the routing protocol running in between them but in my Head office internet is allowed but in one of anther site also default routes also advertise to bgp to access internet .

My requirement is some of my sites will access internet through Head Office and some will access through other office

So how will be my bgp configuration 

Now internet is unstable in my network,

2 Replies 2

Hello,

--> My requirement is some of my sites will access internet through Head Office and some will access through other office

So some of the remote sites want to have traffic to the Internet not exit locallly, but through another site, which is not the Head Office ?

At first glance, unless you get your ISP to work with you and deploy relevant routing in the MPLS network, the only other way I see is for the default traffic to go through a tunnel connecting to the site where you want to have the Internet traffic exit.

Hello

@Rashmiranjan jena wrote:

Dear Team,

We have 1000 sites and all are connected mpls and bgp is the routing protocol running in between them but in my Head office internet is allowed but in one of anther site also default routes also advertise to bgp to access internet .

My requirement is some of my sites will access internet through Head Office and some will access through other office

You may have a few options to accomplish this ,Policy based routing being one of them, another would be path selection based on bpg attribute manipulation however this network seems extensive and without knowing your topology in-depth it would hard to provide you a definitive answer at this time?

Can you elaborate on you request, please, for example would this just be a default change for all services for all users at those sites for internet access of specific users and certain application needing to be re-routed.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card