Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS checking

praveennoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

how we can check MPLS circuit are running fine or not .

what are the commands to chek the configuration and if not working fine ?

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

First, who has the administrative ownership of the router that this circuit is terminated on ?

Second,  There is nothing really special about a circuit being used for MPLS. All the usual commands

to examine an interface should be sufficient. What you can and cannot show will be determined by the first statement.

I would take slight exception to the statement that "There is nothing really special about a circuit being used for MPLS " . I have a customer who converted their network from Frame Relay to MPLS. With the old network they essentially had visibility to the remote end of the virtual circuit (and could do end to end keepalives). With MPLS all they see is the CE to PE connection. They have no visibility to the remote end (and no keepalives to the remote end).

So now when they do show interface and (for example) check for CRCs they are only seeing what is on the local CE to PE connection but have no insight into the rest of the path to the remote. So I would say to the original poster that your ability to check the MPLS circuit and see if it is running fine is pretty limited. You are dependent on the MPLS provider for checking the circuit that is beyond your CE to PE connection.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Right. thats what I tried to say in point #1.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card