cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple VRF tables on 4507

Ninjabean
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a 2nd VRF on a 4507.  When I go to do IP VRF<name> I get the error % Use 'vrf definition <name>' command.  I went into vrf definition <name> and set up a RD, but then I am still unable to use the ip vrf command. I also cannot find any info on the vrf definition command.

3 Replies 3

yegorgr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ninjabean,

You activated the ip routing first? Please, check this manual of the VRF configuration on a Cat 4500 series.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/20ew/configuration/guide/config/vrf.html

Thank you.

Regards.

Yes IP routing is enabled. There is already a VRF table set up for a different ISP, but we want to add a second VRF for a second ISP. It appears to have taken the ip vrf fowarding command on the interfaces so we are going to test to see if it works, but I am still unable to enter ip vrf <name> command. I did check out that guide, that is what I used initially, but it makes no mention of the error I have received.

Hi

The command ip vrf < name > is replaced by the command vrf definition < name >. This is because "ip vrf" coul only support ipv4. ( actually, all commands that has "ip" is for ipv4 only ). So to support also ipv6 the new command was introduced. use it like this.

vrf definition test

rd 1:1

address-family ipv4

route-target import 1:1

route-target export 1:1

exit address-family

/Mikael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: