Level 1

Hi,

I thought i got it setup correctly and i dont know why my status still "DOWN" 

please help. Thank you

4 Replies 4

csdinesh18
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide some more details about the site to site vpn. Assuming this is IPSec tunnel, please check the phase 1 status first. Based on its status, you would get more idea

Hi,

I just got these two 340w router . I followed the video on youtube to set up a site to site vpn tunnel. after input all the required information  i dont think they are online or seeing each other. 

both routers are standalone right now without connecting to any server or computer.  i am using wifi to config them. 

is there anything i have to do before config the site to site vpn? 

thanks

Hello,

with the information you provided it is hard to troubleshoot. Have a look at the link below, go over all the steps, and check if you missed something:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5513-configure-a-site-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

If that link does not help you to solve the problem then you need to provide more information so that we can give you appropriate advice. Tell us details of what you have configured, even better post configurations of one or both of the routers. It might also be helpful if you would run debugging for isakmp, attempt to bring up the vpn, and post any debug output.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card