Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Need Assist to Implement QOS on Company Sub-Interface

Scenario, I work at a small corporate office with (2) small regional offices that connect to us using (1) 100Mb circuit.  Each company has data and voice traffic that enter our network.  The interface is divided into sub-interfaces for each of these companies.  What I want to accomplish is enhancing QOS on not only on the Corporate router but also on Company A & B.  I could set-up both companies for 50Mb each and give priority and police for Voice.  But lets say that Company A needs 50Mb minimum and Company B bandwidths varies from day-to-day, one day its 25Mb and the next day its 10Mb.  Is there a way to setup QOS on the SUB-INTERFACES that can maximize bandwidth for Company A but still provide enough for Company B?  The reason why I do not want to put QOS on the main interface is because what happens if 10 additional companies connect and I have to create more sub-interfaces.  Please assist.

Here's how the interfaces are displayed.  Please note that if more companies connect, they will have same setup.

Gi0/1                     Main Interface Circuit

Gi0/1.111500        Company A Data         Q-Q

Gi0/1.111600        Company A Voice        Q-Q

Gi0/1.222500        Company B Data          Q-Q

Gi0/1.222600        Company B Voice        Q-Q

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

I think you need to set your

I think you need to set your priorities and nest them into a policer/shaper

Does this work under "Applying a heirarchical policy"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/quality-of-service-qos/qos-policing/10104-qos-subint.html

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks.  I will give this a

Thanks.  I will give this a shot.