cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for my packet tracer assignment

jwngggx
Level 1
Level 1

I've always been terrible in configuration, so I need some help / tips for my assignment.

Based on what I was told, in case if one router is down, I should still be able to ping all PC to the other end devices due to HSRP. So how do I configure as per the logical diagram?

All I know is that I would need to have both VLAN 10 and 20 for my switches including trunking and LACP etherchannel configured. Both 1a & 2a PC would be under VLAN 10 and the other 2 PCs under VLAN 20 which I supposed is based on the Fa0/10 and Fa0/15 connection? And for router to configure HSRP.

As there are 2 HSRP group with different IPs, I am unsure how to assign my IPs to the router and gateway for the PCs? So, would my gateway be 10.10.10.1 for PCs 1a, 2a? As for the other two PCs would be under 10.10.20.1? Do let me know if I missed out anything for the configuration needed. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've created vlans on ES switches and lacp etherchannel on CS switch which am not sure if they are correct, and I am not sure how to go about doing Vlans on CS switches, like which port would be under which vlans, and if it requires encapsulation for CS switch? If it does require switchport mode trunk then switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q for int range g1/1/1-4 I seem to be having issue doing that as well. The attached is some of the configuration I've done. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

you need to create subinterfaces for both Vlans on both routers, and assign the HSRP groups to these interfaces. You also need to manually create both Vlans on both CS switches. All links between the switches/switches and switches/routers need to be trunk links.

I have made some changes to your file, review the attached...

I've created vlans on ES switches and lacp etherchannel on CS switch which am not sure if they are correct, and I am not sure how to go about doing Vlans on CS switches, like which port would be under which vlans, and if it requires encapsulation for CS switch? If it does require switchport mode trunk then switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q for int range g1/1/1-4 I seem to be having issue doing that as well. The attached is some of the configuration I've done. 

Hello,

did you review the revised file I sent ?

Yes I did, but are the PCs not supposed to ping to the router or even router to router as it seems to fail? And when I tried to do lacp etherchannel it seems to cause the PCs to not be able to ping each other after that. Below is the commands that I've input. 

CS-2(config)#int range g1/1/1-2
CS-2(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode active
CS-2(config-if-range)#exit
CS-2(config)#int port-channel 1
CS-2(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card