Helpful
Replies

NetFlow issue

CiscoBrownBelt
Level 6
Level 6
NetFlow Export server reachable via Mgmt VRF but still not working

See attachment of simple topology.

So if the Solarwinds or whatever application you are sending NetFlow stats from a router is reachable via the router's Mgmt Int vrf which is assigned to G1 (so it pings 10.1.1.1 only sourcing from mgmt vrf), that should not be a problem correct as NetFlow is still not sending any statistics, nor can I add it to Solarwinds? I have the FlowMonitor input activated under a different interface that I want to see data from and not on the interface the Mgmt interface is assigned to.

Making sure I am not missing anything since the Router 1 is setup this way with reachability to the Solarwinds/NetFlow exporter via mgmt VRF.  

Also if I remember, 1 sh flow exporter statistics  does not show anything.

19 Replies 19

@CiscoBrownBelt 

Looking back to your Netflow config, the ip flow monitor Flow-Monitor1 input shouldn't be on the same port used as the source interface. It should on the interfaces or VLAN (using the VLAN vlan_id configuration command) that you want to monitor. Also Gi0/1 should be part of the VRF that you used.

"Looking back to your Netflow config, the ip flow monitor Flow-Monitor1 input shouldn't be on the same port used as the source interface." Yes that is what i thought. Thing is, I don't have another port to source from other than the mgmt port so creating a loopback may be the best option and adding the loopback under the mgmt vrf correct?

" It should on the interfaces or VLAN (using the VLAN vlan_id configuration command) that you want to monitor. Also Gi0/1 should be part of the VRF that you used."
Not sure what you mean? FlowMon is on G0/1 which is what I want to monitor. Source vrf-mgmt does not work and g0/1 is only port available other than creating a loopback.Create loopback and add it to the mgmt-vrf correct?

Yes, create loopback and add it to the vrf. That would be your source and the destination to Solarwinds would also point to the vrf. The Gi0/1 would have the ip flow monitor command. 

I mentioned VLANs, as I don't know if you have an L3 Switch with VLANs or L3 VLANs, which you want to monitor.

Hi it is a Cisco ASR which does not support export via mgmt interface.
It is a vrf-mgmt under the actual mgmt interface which has the route back to the collector. So if I create a lo0 and add it to that same vrf-mgmt it will work?

Yea it should work
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card