Views
Helpful
Replies

One to One NAT

krishan.saran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have a basic question about one to one nat, if i have 4-5 public IPs from ISP, and if i use one to one nat for some of my internal devices to advertise them on internet cloud can i do this way, can i use one to one nat to access my internat devices form internet without any port forwarding

To make it more simple I have two phone systems at two different locations which are behind the routers and using 192.168.X.XXX IP addresses and some local IP phones at both locations , but we want to connect both phone system together, so there is one way to asssign the public IP address to each phone system and program public ip in IP phones for phone system, but in that case my local IP phones also nedd to go thorough the public network,

Another way if i add Site to site VPN tunnel between two locations, but vpn will add over head to connection

I was thinking to use one to one nat for Phone system IP address, if you gys are agree

192.168.1.XXX>>>>>>4.4.4.4 >>>>>>Intenet>>>>>>>>>>2.2.2.2>>>>>>>>>192.168.2.XXX

I tried to use port forwarding in past for all ports that phones use for conversation, but it was not successfull solutions.

My main question is can we replace Site to site VPN with one to one NAT, if we need to access mainly one device behind router

We have Cisco 861 routers at both locations and panasonic Phones systems,

1 Reply 1

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Krishan,

Yes, you can do that.
You can do one to one NAT for both phone systems at sites so that they can talk each other over internet from LAN.

At site A
ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.XXX 4.4.4.4 extendable

At site B
ip nat inside source static 192.168.2.XXX 2.2.2.2 extendable

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card