cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF LSA Type Q

sudhir_ralli
Level 1
Level 1

Which OSPF LSA is originated by ASBRs and advertised an external destination or a default route to an

external destination; and flooded throughout the AS?

Type 5 LSA , but the CCIE Flash Cards Say Type 4 ?

Type 4 are originated by ABR and not ASBRs.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I agree with you - I think they got it wrong. I looked at this very same question yesterday, and I think it is type 5 as well.

I must say that I am disappointed with the accuracy of the test questions. I could name about a dozen other questions that are blatently wrong. Including the one that claims that OSPF hellos are sent to 224.0.0.10. And the information pages that claim that types 4's are allowed in a stub area. And the question with the exhibit that is irrelevant to the question.

The real challenge is to understand the material well enough to detect which questions they have got wrong.

Good luck in your studies.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks Kevin,

Thanks for confirming my doubt. The book indeed is having some errors.

Could you please share the other errors you have found in the CCIE Flash Cards.

I am at the moment making a list and might post the doubtful Qs later.

Also, your email id on your profile seems to be wrong

Thanks

OK, I shall send you the information I have collected so far, when I get home this evening. Send me an e-mail to remind me. My e-mail address can be derived by adding @pt.lu after my NetPro login. I know the PT e-mail server had a glitch this morning, so you might want to try again now. The most common problem is mis-spelling - check that my family name has two 'R's and two 'L's. I'll check my profile now.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card