Helpful
Replies

OSPF Path Issue

Lost & Found
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Guys,

Good day!

Would like to ask this issue I've encountered, From Branch A they accessing route 10,11.0.X from External, We manipulated by adding metric from DC +100 and then from HQ is just the default one.

Ospf Issue1.JPG

We tried turning off OSPF peer between HQ-ISSW to BranchA-CS02, So far the output is good and working accordingly. From Branch they're using the +100 toward to DC. But when we tried to revert turning up again OSPF peering between HQ and Branch, Traffic went to Branch to HQ using the default metric. Strange thing is route to 10.11.0.X is still using the higher metric..Which is not good.

OSPF Issue.JPG

This the only trace i get, We can see on "Wrong Path" that Branch still using path with +100 metric. Temporary solution we remove the 10.11.0.X in DC side so i will not be redistributed to OSPF. So in Branch A the only route toward to 10.11.X.X is Via HQ path.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Hi

What happen is the link between branch and DC is down? are your still receiving the route?, could you please execute, show ip ospf database.

Thank you 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi, No network interruption on all of the sites, The only issue is that Branch A using the DC path to reach "10.11.X.X" which is not the planned, and Because its using the +100 metric.

As mentioned we removed "10.11.X.X" on DC so that when DC redistribute its route to OSPF 10.11.x.x will not be included.

Right now 10.11.X.X from RID: 193 which from HQ is active and in ospf database of Branch A.

It's just strange that, it uses the higher metric 100 rather that the default one. :(
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card