Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF

aayush998
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I Configured 3 routers connected to each other in a triangle shaped topology to run OSPF. Apart from the basic configuration i did not not change anything else. However, on running " show ip ospf interface brief" command" on any of the three routers, the cost for the FastEthernet Interfaces interface on that router is 10 and the cost for the loopback interface is 1. The reference BW on each router is 100Mbps. What could be the reason?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

farcosre
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello. It seems  that is represented by auto-cost reference-bandwidth 1000 (check the image added).

To return to the default reference bandwidth, use the auto-cost reference-bandwidth 100 command in ospf configuration in each router, and then ask the same command.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

farcosre
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello. It seems  that is represented by auto-cost reference-bandwidth 1000 (check the image added).

To return to the default reference bandwidth, use the auto-cost reference-bandwidth 100 command in ospf configuration in each router, and then ask the same command.

hi farcosre

thank you for the response. the reference BW on my routers was already 100. I used the command you suggested and changed it to 10. the cost on all the interfaces is 1 now.. i'm not sure if that is how it is supposed to be

May be it is the version IOS, it is pretty strange behavior , can you share me an screenshot of your version ios in order to test that?

thanks!!

regards

Please find the attached images

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card