Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer and PTbridge Troubleshooting

hmarcinkowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo everbody!
It took a while, but now i have a connection between PT and PTbridge, which runs in a CentOS-VM in Virtualbox. The VM itself is connectet via Bridge-Mode with my real Network (see attached Picture 1).
But the problem is the connection of a PC in the PT-scenario with a device outside PT (e.g. CentOS-VM, NIC of my PC or other devices in my real network) and the same in the other direction. Every ping results in a timeout (see attached Picture 2). The connection between the two PCs in PT works perfect, also the connection between the real PC an den CentOS-VM.
Every device is in the network 172.16.0.0/16, also the two PCs in PT, my OS of the real PC is Windows 10.
I am nearly shure the connection between PT and the CentOS-VM works, because in the VM I can see many Data-Frames. But I can't classify those frames, are they Ethernet-frames or something else. I don't know. (see attached Picture 3)
Is there anybody out there who can help me, or has an advice?
Thank you and greetings from Germany, Hannes
picture1.jpgpicture2.jpg
picture3.jpg

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For PT-projects-problems-questions go here : Packter tracer discussions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card