cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer BGP Loopback Routing Help

BDubbbzz3802
Level 1
Level 1

I have a four-router network set up in packet tracer. Two of the routers are set up with Se 0/2/0 and Se 0/2/1 and the rest are through gig ports. The Win router is supposed to be able to ping the Cal router if Se 0/2/0 is connected or not. It works when Se 0/2/0 is connected, but disconnected, pings fail to reach Cal In simulation runs a red, flashing X appears when the packet reaches Cal. If I reconnect Se0/2/0, it won't ping Cal either. I have tried everything I can think up of and have run out of ideas. I'm sure I am missing something.

.pkt in .zip folder

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the problem is that Packet Tracer does not have a lot of the commands available that 'rea', full IOS routers would have. You have two paths between the Winnipeg and Ottawa routers, on a 'real' router you would either configure 'maximum-paths eibgp 2', or configure an IP SLA for the failover. Unfortunately. Packet Tracer does not have any of these commands available. 

Is this is an assignment where you are supposed to get this to work in Packet Tracer, or are you trying to use Packet Tracer for simulating a real network situation you encounter ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the problem is that Packet Tracer does not have a lot of the commands available that 'rea', full IOS routers would have. You have two paths between the Winnipeg and Ottawa routers, on a 'real' router you would either configure 'maximum-paths eibgp 2', or configure an IP SLA for the failover. Unfortunately. Packet Tracer does not have any of these commands available. 

Is this is an assignment where you are supposed to get this to work in Packet Tracer, or are you trying to use Packet Tracer for simulating a real network situation you encounter ?

It was more of a test to see how far I could go in Packet Tracer. I have found out that there are some limiting factors in PT that have affected other sims. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card