cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

partial mesh ospf issues

kizitomacgregor
Level 1
Level 1

i have 4 routers configured to run ospf overframe relay in broadcast mode. The only issue that i have is that the DR can ping the other routers but the other routers cannot ping themselves. They have each others routes in their routing table because they are mapped to the DR. The output from "sh ip ospf nei" is correct and the "show frame map" shows the DLCIs are active.i just can't understand why the routers cannot ping each other.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kizito

We need a little clarification about your posting. At the beginning you describe that problem as "the DR can ping the other routers but the other routers cannot ping themselves" But the end describes the problem as "why the routers cannot ping each other". Can you clarify whether the problem is pinging themselves or is ping each other?

From a high level the explanation of the problem is the same for both but the details of how it works and how to resolve it are different depending on whether they are attempting to ping themselves or are attempting to ping each other. The high level explanation is that the routers do not have a Frame Relay map indicating which DLCI to use to get to the destination. And the solution in general is to configure a Frame Relay map identifying which DLCI to use for that destination.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

mark.edwards
Level 1
Level 1

how is your frame-relay mesh configured? Is this a full mesh or hub and spoke setup? If it's hub and spoke you may need additional map statements to get connectivity between the spokes. Please supply a diagram and configs of how you are setup.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card