Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinging across serial cable

rejlive95374
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have set static routes for routers and default gateway for switches but still cannot ping across the serial cable except the routers can ping each other but that is it. I did set a PPP encapsulation but that did not help either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
Please review attached working PT file.

The issue you had was duplicate subnets addressing either side of the ppp rtrs and also your static routing was incorrect.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello
Please review attached working PT file.

The issue you had was duplicate subnets addressing either side of the ppp rtrs and also your static routing was incorrect.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul I remade the project and figured out the static IP and also made sure the subnets were different for both networks although I dont see how that prevents them from communicating. The .pkt file you sent does not work on my version of PT but thanks anyways I think I have an older version or something is off. Everything is communicating now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card