Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Routing -Internet Architecture

jerry_best
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Need Suggestion for following network design.

1. Using 3 diffrent Internet link in my network, for the same i am trying to achive Auto-failover and load balancing.

2. i have Three diffrent ip pools for Three diffrent ISP.

3. Using ISA as proxy server for some customers in my network. i have to NAT this ISA server.

4. for some customers they don't required ISA proxy server. so i have to send them directly for internet access.

5. i am using 400 series as core switches , i have 3600 and 7206 routers in my network and SSG 520 firewall(juniper).

6. thinking of using Core Switches-Firewall - Internet router as logical path. Will terminate all the internet links on my Internet router and Internet router will be physically connected to my core switch.

7. Do i need to configure IP SLA for this design for track all the Links?

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

2 Replies 2

jerry_best
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone help me ???

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry

A drawing of your situation including devices and routing protocols would be helpful, it is not easy to understand what your topology looks like. However, if you terminate all 3 ISP links on one router, you could keep it simple, and point a default route from your firewall (and/or ISA server) to the router. The router could have three default routes to each provider, and load-share, or use BGP to determine the best path. Since you have a single egress router, I do not see right away the need, or use, to work with object tracking.

HTH, Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card