Views
Helpful
Replies

Privilege Exec mode

gopishukla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

I do have a basic question, I am logging Cisco 800 series routers and a few are showing me R> mode, and we are required to enter by putting enable via ssh. where most of the devices are directly entering into enable mode.

The challenges are we are setting OPmanager for devices configuration backup and those devices that required manual enter enable mode is getting backup failed but others are succeded.

Please suggest  changing  the configure to make enable automatically after given username and password, 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is your authentication Local or any other method of AAA ?

if local -

create a user with priv 15 example : (you may have already have it as you mentioned some are going directly to # prompt)

username cisco privilege 15 secret 5  mypasscisco

line vty XX or console

privilege level 15

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are a couple of ways to accomplish that when you access a router that you go directly into privilege mode. Until we know which approach the successful devices are using we can not give good advice about what to do on the ones that are not successful. We could figure this out if you would post the running config of a router that is successful and of one that is not successful. If you do not want to post complete running config then post the output of these commands from a router that is successful and one that is not:

show run | inc aaa

show run | begin vty

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card