cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Nat

StolenSkills
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if its a limitation issue or maybe its something that not suppose to be in a network,

The network works great,

in the beginning I only configured the connection between R6 and R8 as NAT OUT

and the PC connect to SW7 would get an IP address from the DHCP server BUT the PAT wouldn't work and the the IP in R8 wouldn't change to the public IP

after configuring all the other connections except the on between R6 and R8 as IP NAT IN, the NAT would work but the pc wouldn't get an IP address from the DHCP server and I need to configure it manually instead of it being automatic,

maybe the NAT is not letting it? limitation issue?

I am adding the file for checking it

password for all of the devices in 1234

Untitled.png

5 Replies 5

Hello
This seems to be duplicate of older posts that you have posted previously and in those posts suggestions were provided-
here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

The answer in this post doesn't help me,

everything works except what I wrote.

Hello

As i stated in the prevous post regards this exact same problem 

@paul driver wrote:
Regards the NAT, if you wish to perform NAT then you don’t need to advertise the NATTED  "hidden" subnets between R6-R8 and if that’s the case then R6-R8 don’t even require a bgp peering with each other, they would just require the following:

R8 would need to have nat enabled and a default route pointing to R6
R6 would just need to advertise R6-R8 subnet 110.x.x.x into ospf , no nat required.

So if you are "hidding" the internal network of r8 ( 192.168.1.0) then why do you wont the client to be a dhcp client only  then only to hide that client behind nat?

The only way you can do this is make r8 a dhcp server for 192.168.1.0 subnet to service PC7 dhcp allocation and then NAT

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I am doing this Project for myself and my resume in order to show my knowledge of different protocols and technologys,

I want there to be BGP and nat, Again I am asking,

Can I get a IP for the server if there is a NAT in the R6 or its impossibile and I should give a static IP or configure R8 as a DHCP server and give to it sub interface an adress?

You could do this by makeing r6/8 a dhcp server for 192.168.1.0 subnet to service PC7 dhcp allocation and then NAT that local subnet from r6 or r8

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card