cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Project help, IPsec VPN not working

lillybladr0631
Level 1
Level 1

I've attached my packet tracer file below. I'm working on a final project where I need to create a secure sample network. My IPsec VPN seems to have some issues that I can't figure out. My goal was to create a VPN between the remote network to connect to both the 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 subnets.

I'm able to ping from R1 to a workstation on the remote site network, but I'm not able to ping from a PC on my 192.168.1.0 network ('Workstation-1' in the .pkt). I'm guessing there's something wrong with my vpn setup because if R1 can ping it, it's  I'm a bit rusty on networking and can't seem to find the problem, any help is appreciated

3 Replies 3

Hello,

what is the password for the R1 router ?

Hello,

your IP addressing is wrong. The connections between the routers need to have an IP address in the same subnet. Post the password for R1.

Hello,

Username: Administrator

Password: not9guessable3

or you can add a new one to the tacacs server AAA service. I think I figured out the problem though it was a lot of troubleshooting so it may have been multiple things, still learning all of this but I believe there were problems with access lists/ZBF because i had previously setup a ZBF on R1 and yes possibly ip addressing though if i remember correctly the router could ping across the ipsec vpn but the pc could not. I believe that would imply the ip's weren't the problem and the access control was. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card