Views
Helpful
Replies

PT static route through multilayer switch

wimpeld
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and this is my first (and from the looks of it very likely not my last) post.

I'm currently unable to figure out how to ping from "Router 1" to "Router 2".
I tried several things using IP route but whatever I try, it seems to not go past the multilayer switch.

Yes I have to absolutely use these devices as is, as that is part of my assignment. 

If anyone could explain or just show me why this isn't working out, I'd be forever grateful. :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
Both R1 -R2 and its internal hosts can now ping each R1-R2 inside global address.

You had multiple configuration mistakes, including conflicting static routes on R1-R2, CM1-Cm2 and  incorrect static nat statements ( 198. - instead of 192.) on R1-R2

Lastly missing ip addressing on server-PT 192.168.0.201 and it associated link on the Multi-layer switch.
Please review amended PT

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

you need to enable 'ip routing' on the multilayer switch:

Switch(config)#ip routing

Hello
Both R1 -R2 and its internal hosts can now ping each R1-R2 inside global address.

You had multiple configuration mistakes, including conflicting static routes on R1-R2, CM1-Cm2 and  incorrect static nat statements ( 198. - instead of 192.) on R1-R2

Lastly missing ip addressing on server-PT 192.168.0.201 and it associated link on the Multi-layer switch.
Please review amended PT

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Odd, that's what I did at first and it didn't work. I can only assume I did something something wrong and from there on spiralled down-hill trying to figure out what. Shows I have still a ways to go. :)

I am aware of not everything being configured yet because my primary concern was that I couldn't ping from router 1 to router 2!

Anyway, your reply has brought clarity on the matter at hand and what I should do different from here on. 
Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card