cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIP not working

mihai-josan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I wanted to learn about RIP, but somehow it's not working.

Can someone explain me why in the RIP table of the main router, it's displayed a network 10.0.0.0, when I insert 2 networks: 10.10.1.0 and 10.10.2.0. I am using RIP version 2, doesn't it need to work with subnets? Then, how could I configure 2 LANs using RIP?

I attached below the pkt file, if the problem it's unclear, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I am not really sure what you are asking. Where does it insert 10.0.0.0 ? 10.0.0.0. shows up in your routing table because this is what RIP always displays, the class A (in your case) and the subnets.

By the way, your RIP does not work because you are using duplicate IP addresses on your routers. I made some changes to your configs, see attached, revised file...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello mihai-josan,

IP address implementation is the problem...Apply this configuration on router16 which is middle router.... 

Router16

Interface Gig0/0 

ip address 10.10.2.2 255.255.255.0

no shutdown

interface Gig0/1

ip address 10.10.1.2 255.255.255.0

no shutdown

with this configuration i hope .....problem  will solved..!!

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

sebt11tools
Level 1
Level 1

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<title>RIP Network Configuration Issue</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>RIP Network Configuration Issue</h1>
<p>It seems like you're encountering an issue with RIP routing. In RIP version 2, subnet information should be included, but sometimes there can be configuration or compatibility issues. Ensure that your router configurations are correctly set up to advertise subnet information. Additionally, double-check that your subnet masks are configured properly. If you're still facing problems, examining your packet tracer file may provide more insights into the issue.</p>
</body>
</html>

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Replying from my phone, so, at the moment cannot view your PT attachment, but you did configure "no auto-summary" under the RIP process?

yeah, but it inserts 10.0.0.0 too.

Hello,

I am not really sure what you are asking. Where does it insert 10.0.0.0 ? 10.0.0.0. shows up in your routing table because this is what RIP always displays, the class A (in your case) and the subnets.

By the way, your RIP does not work because you are using duplicate IP addresses on your routers. I made some changes to your configs, see attached, revised file...

Thank you a lot! I saw and understood the changes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card