Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map issue

Hi All,

I'm trying this since long time and still not able to figure out why it is not working. so decided to post into this forum hoping to get some help.

I have a scenario like single destined IP and sources are many. Since I'm doing static route seemed not possible , so decided to use PBR. 

created a access-list and route-map and applied to correct interface i believe. 

But neither i can see matches in access-list nor in route-map. Router i'm using is cisco 3825. 

Both next-hop Ip are directly connected to same router.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, you've got a lot going on here and since much of this is technically going in and out the same interface you may have to open a case with Cisco. However here are a few things I do see:

1- In your permit 31 statement you specify next hop verify-availability. This requires the interface sees a CDP neighbor on it. I'm guessing a neighbor isn't seen on that particular sub-interface, so I'd try removing it.

2- You've got the route map applied to both the major interface and the sub interface. Just have it on the sub-interface as I assume it applies only to that interface.

3- Some of your other route map instances (ie 9,20,32) do not point to valid next hop IPs. It must be an IP of a directly connected subnet. That might fix some things.

4- If the static host route did not work without the PBR, then that could be an indication of a larger issue.

Hope this is of some help to you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Perhaps if you provided a config it may be easier to determine what the issue is.

complete router configuration is uploaded. 

Thanks. Please clarify, is just the instance you have highlighted not working in the route map and all the others are?

No others are also not working. I have highlighted this for your reference only. 

OK, you've got a lot going on here and since much of this is technically going in and out the same interface you may have to open a case with Cisco. However here are a few things I do see:

1- In your permit 31 statement you specify next hop verify-availability. This requires the interface sees a CDP neighbor on it. I'm guessing a neighbor isn't seen on that particular sub-interface, so I'd try removing it.

2- You've got the route map applied to both the major interface and the sub interface. Just have it on the sub-interface as I assume it applies only to that interface.

3- Some of your other route map instances (ie 9,20,32) do not point to valid next hop IPs. It must be an IP of a directly connected subnet. That might fix some things.

4- If the static host route did not work without the PBR, then that could be an indication of a larger issue.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Thank you very much for your great support. 

After removing route map instances 9/20/32, matches are now seen in access-list and route-map as well. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card