Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Dropping Traffic

Hi Everyone.

I am working at a site that has a Cisco router that is setup to connect the LAN to the internet. The client runs a VoIP service hosted by the provider. We have noticed packets are dropping. Calls connect but there isn't two-way flow, you can't hear the party at the other end. I wanted to drop this at the feet of the VoIP provider but then I did a sh ip cache flow on the router and this is what I noticed.

SrcIf         SrcIPaddress    DstIf         DstIPaddress    Pr SrcP DstP  Pkts

Gi0/1         172.30.0.136    Null          xx.xxx.32.89    01 0000 0800   922

All the  time traffic to the provider's server, xx.xxx.32.89 is always sent to the Null interface instead of the G0/0.

I don't know if this has a bearing on the problem, but when I connected a Linksys router, we did not have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hello

Are you using quality of service on the cisoc router or on the lan switch?

do you know what your ISP making for voice should be?

Has any changes been made to your network and if so has this problem occurred since that change !

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi.

I'm not doing QoS on the router or LAN Switch and I don't know what the ISP marking for voice should be. And no also, there haven't been any changes to the network.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card