cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing doesn't work

keeran
Level 1
Level 1

I have set the following network. I can ping my blue network from the green network as well as the middle router which connect them.  If i ping one of the yellow marked ip 10.0.10.10 from the green server "INSOSV01" it works but the ip 10.0.10.9 can't be pinged.  

cisco.JPG

the routing table of that middle router:

cisco_01.JPG

Can anyone help me out with this one ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

found the problem.I have the network 8.8.8.8/30 but in the routing table of ISP 1 as well as as the default gateway of the 8.8.8.8/30 net was wrong. I entered 8.8.8.0/24 in routing table and as default gateway of that net 8.8.8.1

Thx for the guidance.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you can attach PT file here but it must be in zip format. it will be easier and faster to spot issue.

Ping is 2 way process: to and from: you must have destination back to source. do you have static route to source and/or to destination?

My guess is that ISP1 does not know about any 192.168.x.x networks; you must add static or dynamic routing.

Remember Router knows only about its connected networks.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

The Router "ISP1" has the following routing set. This router does know where to send the traffic from 192.168.135.0/24 network. You got any plan or do u see sth configured wrongly ?

cisco_02.JPG

normally I would do trace route on PC and router to see how far we can reach;  Also, on router you can turn on debug ip icmp .

perhaps, you have a typo somewhere

attach your PT file here but it must be in zip format. it will be easier and faster to spot issue.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

found the problem.I have the network 8.8.8.8/30 but in the routing table of ISP 1 as well as as the default gateway of the 8.8.8.8/30 net was wrong. I entered 8.8.8.0/24 in routing table and as default gateway of that net 8.8.8.1

Thx for the guidance.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card