Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Access LAN IP from network attached to WAN port

JohnRuse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a RV340 router with a local LAN range of 192.168.10.xx/24, the WAN port is connect to another network with a static IP of 10.79.152.100. I need to be able to route from several IPs in the 10.79.152.xx range to a specific IP in the private LAN, an IP of 192.168.10.52. 

I have tried Port forwarding, Access Rule and Static NAT but nothing works, clearly I am doing something wrong. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is now resolved. I most likely had it correct at one point yesterday and did not realise. Resolve was setting all traffic to port forward to internal processor. Everything is now working. 

Thanks all for your replies. 

Hello,

Hello,

--> I have a RV340 router with a local LAN range of 192.168.10.xx/24, the WAN port is connect to another network with a static IP of 10.79.152.100.

Post a diagram of your topology. It is unclear how that 'other' network is connected to your RV340. I assume the 'other' network is NOT the Internet ?

Hello ,

Diagram attached. 

The other network is not the internet but a VLAN from the upstream router. 

Thanks

John

Hello
Do you have admin control of rtr 10.79.152.1, As what you need to look at is policy base routing from 10.79.152.1 for those specific hosts towards 192.168.10.0/24 lan - However your diagram dosent seem correct,10.79.152.1 rtr has two interfaces into what looks like the same network can you confirm please?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello, 

Unfortunately I do not have access to router 10.79.152.1. This router has one port connected to the WAN port only on the RV340 with the IP address of 10.79.152.100 assigned to that port. Everything behind the RV340 has no means of connecting to the 10.79.152.1 network other than through the WAN port on NAT. This part works fine as desired. I just need a controller that is on the 10.79.152.1 network to traverse the RV340 to a processor on the internal LAN of the RV340. 

Thanks

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card