Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up bridge mode

shaharshad
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a situation in which I need to implement trend micro s virtual appliance in between Internet traffic. I have 4500 core switch and trend micro virtual appliance and juniper firewall. (I want to implement transparent proxy in bridge mode as its only mode which provides high availability ).

what config do I need to make on Cisco and how solution will work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it is "transparent" you should not need to make any changes on either your 4500 or the Juniper.  You just need to plumb the appliance transparently in between them.

Presumably you can plumb it to external external NICs on the virtual platform.  The cable from the Juniper to the 4500 should go to one of these NICs, and the other NIC should go to the 4500 where the Juniper used to plug in.

If it is using vmware you'll need to enable promiscuous mode as well.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it is "transparent" you should not need to make any changes on either your 4500 or the Juniper.  You just need to plumb the appliance transparently in between them.

Presumably you can plumb it to external external NICs on the virtual platform.  The cable from the Juniper to the 4500 should go to one of these NICs, and the other NIC should go to the 4500 where the Juniper used to plug in.

If it is using vmware you'll need to enable promiscuous mode as well.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card