cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show isdn history (NOT SHOWING CALL HISTORY)

Marek Grover
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to see if my ISDN (backup) circuit has been active recently. I have tried this command:

>#show isdn history

output:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISDN CALL HISTORY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call History contains all active calls, and a maximum of 100 inactive calls.

Inactive call data will be retained for a maximum of 15 minutes.

Call    Calling      Called       Remote  Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type    Number       Number       Name    Used    Left    Idle    Units/Currency

Do I have to turn the logging on as I'm sure it has been active....

Many Thanks,

Mav

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Marek,

"show isdn history" keeps the records only for 15 minutes.

Therefore, if the ISDN circuit has been active, then disconnected more than 15 minutes ago, it will not appear in the output of this command.

You can confirm this by trigger a call, and collecting again the show isdn history command. As long as the call is active, you can also use show isdn active.

If you want to be alerted everytime ISDN becomes active you have several alternatives, including:

- check the syslog

- configure an EEM script to send an email everytime the link becomes active

- configure SNMP traps

Hope this helps

Marco

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Marek,

"show isdn history" keeps the records only for 15 minutes.

Therefore, if the ISDN circuit has been active, then disconnected more than 15 minutes ago, it will not appear in the output of this command.

You can confirm this by trigger a call, and collecting again the show isdn history command. As long as the call is active, you can also use show isdn active.

If you want to be alerted everytime ISDN becomes active you have several alternatives, including:

- check the syslog

- configure an EEM script to send an email everytime the link becomes active

- configure SNMP traps

Hope this helps

Marco

doh, goes without saying really when reading the output again. Our SNMP server is down at the moment so may give EEM scripts a try...

Many thanks Marco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card