License Type: Permanent
          License State: Active, In Use
          License Count: Non-Counted
          License Priority: Medium
Index 2   Feature: lanbase
          Period left: 0 seconds
Index 3   Feature: internal_service
          Period left: 0 seconds

what will happen in 8 weeks after the period for the entservices license?

what kind of services / fetaures will be stopped?

do i have to buy something again?

best regards,

thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

going by the docs sso is supported in ipbase , so if that's the only reason your buying a license you shouldn't have too

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4500-series-switches/prod_qas0900aecd806d8b06.html

Licensing

Q.    What different levels of software licenses are available on the Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series?
A.     The following levels are available:

Cisco IOS® XE Software LAN Base: This feature set on the bundles provides Layer 2 features for access.

Cisco IOS XE Software IP Base: This feature set is upgradable with a software activation license (SAL). It includes all Layer 2 features and some basic Layer 3 features. ISSU and SSO are supported in this package.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

any advanced routing , pbr or any services that are only available on the entservices license will stop working , it will revert to ipbase license , depending what you have running on want to keep whether you an use ipbase or entservices , entservices gives you all features basically

The  IP Base image does not support enhanced routing features such as  NSF/SSO, BGP, EIGRP, EIGRPv6, OSPF, OSPFv3, IS-IS, Internetwork Packet  Exchange (IPX), AppleTalk, VRF-lite, and Policy-Based Routing (PBR). The  IP Base image supports EIGRP-Stub for limited routing.

Enterprise Services: Upgradable with a Software Activation License (SAL); supports full Layer 3 protocols and advanced features such as complete routing scalability, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Routing and Forwarding, Policy-Based Routing, and so on.

thank you so much for the quick respond.
i dont use any routing protocol or VRF, PBR....
based on the commands below, I understand that i have to buy and and update the license, because i need the SSO and also additionally i use the Virtual Domain.

switch virtual domain 30
+
redundancy
 mode sso
 main-cpu
  auto-sync standard

is that correct?

thomas

going by the docs sso is supported in ipbase , so if that's the only reason your buying a license you shouldn't have too

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4500-series-switches/prod_qas0900aecd806d8b06.html

Licensing

Q.    What different levels of software licenses are available on the Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series?
A.     The following levels are available:

Cisco IOS® XE Software LAN Base: This feature set on the bundles provides Layer 2 features for access.

Cisco IOS XE Software IP Base: This feature set is upgradable with a software activation license (SAL). It includes all Layer 2 features and some basic Layer 3 features. ISSU and SSO are supported in this package.

thank you so much Mark,
then i dont buy anything and if i will have any issue then i will disconnect all the Access Layer Switches from the Second Distribution Switch (1x 4500 Catalyst) and wait for the license.
during that period i will have my Network operational with the first 4500 Catalyst.

please advice if there is a misunderstanding :)
Thomas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card