cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

simple question

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly i need to ask , what does it mean by subnet zero at this phrase " The ip subnet zero command is not configured on a router "

Thanks for help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

clear explanation with example.

http://www.packetu.com/2011/11/14/the-ip-subnet-zero-command/

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

clear explanation with example.

http://www.packetu.com/2011/11/14/the-ip-subnet-zero-command/

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Steven Clinton
Level 1
Level 1

Ultimately it means that you can use a subnet that has a 0 in is network portion, this didn't use to be possible.

I.E 192.168.0.1 /24

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Steven,

192.168.0.1/24 is not a good example. From a classful perpective, 192.168.0.1 is a class C with a natural network mask of 255.255.255.0. There is no subnet as such in this case, therefore no possibility for the subnet bits being all zero. It would be a case of subnet-zero if you had 192.168.0.1/25 for instance.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Harold you are correct, I was multitasking at work and intended to put 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.0 as my example.

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all , for your efforts

Emad.arezoomand
Level 1
Level 1

HELLO

i bought a linskey E1200 some days back and i tried to fix it myself , it was my first time to fix a router myself and i want it for my home only . ive fixed the internet cable and the cable from router to my PC and i went trough the steps over the CD provided in the pack . but and the end  of the setup there is an error coming that the router cant connect to internet .

i have asked my isp provider and they took the router to set up the settings and when they brought it back they told that its ok now and it was working with them but ive tired it over my pc and 2 other laptops (direct cable) to connect to internet via router but its not wrking . the cable coming to me is a pppoe and i have a user name pass over it , ive tried also to go to this 192.168.1.1 ip and choose the pppoe and insert my username and pass there but after this my network sahring shows that i have access to internet and at the status i can see it is connected and ip of the network has been stablished but how much ive tried i couldnt brows any page its not loading any page just like to conction is there .

i want to conect my internet to my router to have both internet over my pc wich has no wifi and to have wifi all over my home , would u pls help me to fix this issue ?

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card