Views
Helpful
Replies

Sites not opening with NAT+cisco 2611

sukhjits8511
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all cisco gurus..

am facing a peculiar problem, and need to know if somebody else faced the same probs and what was the solution ...

I have a lan behind the firewall(PIX) and the firewall is connected to the cisco 2611.On 2611 i have a FR-PVC to my internet provider, am doing NAT on the cisco 2611 and accessing internet from the LAN behind the firewall.

The problem is that none of the sites are opening...the Internet explorer say opening and the page crashes....,i have successfully able to ping and tarce the sites...but not able to open in IE.

The DNS am using is working fine as the ping is working and the sites are being resolved.Not even able to open the site with the ip of the site

BUT when the page crashes it give error DNS not found.

Please help to troubleshoot the problem

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Step 1 would be to find out if the problem is with the pix or with the router. To find out, connect your PC-browser directly to the router and use the ip adress of the pix. When you have set everything right, internet should work. When it works, you have a problem in the pix. Best would be to post the config and let us have a look. If not, problem is with the router. Check all acls and check pc-router connectivity.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply bro....

i think i have found something.......

see my PIX has two interfaces inside and outside ---- the outside one is connected to the FE of the cisco 2611 and the inside is connected to the switch.

from my router i am not able to ping the inside interface of the PIX.( i have the route in the router) but am able to ping the outside interface of the PIX ( cause its directly connected.)

now do you get any clues........

Hi Sukhjits8511,

Why don't you just have the PIX handle the NAT and remove NAT off of the 2611?

Brad

The ICMP is blocked from the router to the inside interface of PIX. You can not ping to this interface. as suggested by lgijssel -You should bypass PIX and see if you have resolve the problem. If so, than the problem must be with pix for which post the config and someone will surely reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card