Views
Helpful
Replies

%SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL SNEP req from host

alphainfinity
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am encountering this error recently. Please help me out.

%SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation failure

%IP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address

%SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL: Authentication failure

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by user on vty0
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sidshas03
Spotlight
Spotlight
  1. %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL

Memory allocation failure

• This error message indicates that the router has run out of memory and is unable to allocate more. This can happen if the router is running too many processes or if there is a memory leak. To resolve this issue, you may need to reduce the number of processes running on the router or upgrade the router's memory.
  2. %IP-4-DUPADDR

Duplicate address

• This error message indicates that there is more than one device on the network with the same IP address. This can cause connectivity issues and should be resolved as soon as possible. You may need to find the device with the duplicate IP address and reconfigure its IP settings.
  3. %SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL

Authentication failure

• This error message indicates that there was a problem with the authentication credentials used for SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) access. You may need to check the SNMP configuration on the router and ensure that the credentials are correct.
  4. %SYS-5-CONFIG_I

Configured from console by user on vty0

• This error message indicates that someone has made changes to the router's configuration using the console port. This may or may not be an actual error, depending on whether or not the changes were intentional. You may want to review the router's configuration to ensure that the changes are appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sidshas03
Spotlight
Spotlight
  1. %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL

Memory allocation failure

• This error message indicates that the router has run out of memory and is unable to allocate more. This can happen if the router is running too many processes or if there is a memory leak. To resolve this issue, you may need to reduce the number of processes running on the router or upgrade the router's memory.
  2. %IP-4-DUPADDR

Duplicate address

• This error message indicates that there is more than one device on the network with the same IP address. This can cause connectivity issues and should be resolved as soon as possible. You may need to find the device with the duplicate IP address and reconfigure its IP settings.
  3. %SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL

Authentication failure

• This error message indicates that there was a problem with the authentication credentials used for SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) access. You may need to check the SNMP configuration on the router and ensure that the credentials are correct.
  4. %SYS-5-CONFIG_I

Configured from console by user on vty0

• This error message indicates that someone has made changes to the router's configuration using the console port. This may or may not be an actual error, depending on whether or not the changes were intentional. You may want to review the router's configuration to ensure that the changes are appropriate.

As a beginner I didn't know about the error codes. Thank you for letting me understand.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card