cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static route

samtiano2001
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to have static route on my 3 routers , despite using the ip route command to enable the static route they show no static route when I use the show ip route command . What could be the problem

3 Replies 3

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Usually a static route will not be inserted into the routing table, if the specified next hop and/or the outgoing interface are not available.

Another reason can be administrative distance, e.g. in case the same network as specified in the "ip route" command is found directly connected the connected network is entered into the routing table.

Ultimately the answer can only be given, if you provide your configuration (cut out security related stuff) and "show ip route" output. Can you post those, if your question is not yet answered?

Hope this helps! please use the rating system.

Regards, Martin

Thanks Martin,

I will try to reconfigure it and see .

Sam

Sam

In addition to the things that Martin requested it would be very helpful if you would post the output of show ip interface brief. This will sometimes show things that impact routing which are not obvious from the running config or from the show ip route output. Most especially we are looking for interfaces that are not up/up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card