cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static routing in main router

faniAhmed
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do static routing along with RIP. There are 3 routers that use RIP and are connected to main router (where I am trying to do Static routing). I am new to cisco packet tracer and do not have networks knowledge. If any one can help me that would be great. Thanks for any help. 

I have attached the pkt file. The main router also has another network connected that has servers in it. 

4 Replies 4

No one anymore use RIP use ospf or eigrp. Dont waste your time with this protocol.

I am a beginner and it is must to use static and RIP for my project. I will though have a look at what you told. Thanks for sharing

Hello @faniAhmed 

Take a look on the file I am attaching.

You can see that the advantage of a dynamic routing protocol is that it is easier to deploy (less work to do) and easier to maintain.

The network 192.168.(1/2/3).0 are working from the 193.168.1.0 network. But the 194 (right most) and the 10 (server one) are not working. I removed the RIP from the pkt you provided because I can not use RIP in the main router. It is though working with the RIP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card