cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Remote-Loopback

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone tell me what the industry standard is for remote-loopback. My telco cannot put my (WIC 1DSU T1 v2) into loopback mode with the default setting of:

service-module t1 remote-loopback full

should I change this to:

service-module t1 remote-loopback payload v54

Thanks

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

The service-module t1 remote-loopback command configures whether the T1 CSU/DSU will go into loopback when it receives a loopback code on the line. The [full | payload] parameter configures whether the T1 CSU/DSU will accept full loopbacks (CSU loopback) or payload loopbacks (DSU loopback). The [v54 | alternate] parameter selects the loopback code that the T1 CSU/DSU will recognize or generate with the loopback remote command. The "standard" pattern (specified by ommitting the "[v54 | alternate]") is used in the U.S. and consists of a repeating bit pattern "10000". The alternate pattern is used in Canada, and is the inverse of the "standard"code ("01111"). This command applies to the T1 CSU/DSU. V.54 loop codes are not yet implemented in the WIC-1DSU-T1. You could try out the payload option. Also check whether the Telco is generating V.54 loop codes because that is not supported on WIC-1DSU-T1.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card