cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading flash memory on a Cisco 2651XM?

amartiaj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a nice Cisco 2651XM router which I need to upgrade the flash memory in (have a new, bigger IOS to load). The 2651XM has an onboard 16MB and an empty onboard SIMM slot, so I brought a compatible (I hope) flash SIMM and installed it following the Cisco guide, but it dosnt show.

Doing a "show flash" tells me I have "16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)" with or without the new SIMM installed. Is there somewhere I need to enable the new SIMM slot?

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Ralph Yeates
Level 1
Level 1

Ashley hi,

the flash memory is 16 MB on board this can not be moved as it is built in. The additional memory is added to the on board simm slot and should get recognised. The slot does NOT need to be enabled.

the Flash memory you are using is not being recognised by the system. I would suggest that it is bad or not compatible if you have another router to test it in for verification I would try that 1st.

FYI

For Dram you  may need BOOT-2600XM-256= this will allow for more DRAMM to be installed Boot ROM only for Cisco 2600XM Series supporting 256 MB DRAM

Regards Ralph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card