cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is route-map track-primary-if

ktravis02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was reviewing the running config for a new router, and found an entry I don't understand what it does nor how it got there. I can only think that the http server somehow put it in when I was using that. Can anyone explain what this does, and why it might suddenly appear in the config?

route-map track-primary-if permit 1
match ip address 197
set interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1

Thanks,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

yes the route-map is ghost configuration along with

ip nat inside source route-map track-primary-if interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1 overload

Its not servicing anything so it can be removed along with the above if you wanted 

to

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello

that is just a route-map named 

track-primary-if - It has no other meaning

as for the route-map it is matching on a access-list 197  and possibly performing policy based routing or NAT

To confirm that you can run 

show policy-map

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

dsl-router#show policy-map
dsl-router#

dsl-router#show ip policy
Interface Route map
dsl-router#

And I have no access-list 197
Thanks,

Ken

Helllo

So then it looks like a ghost configuration 

if you post the running configuration then we can confirm that

Kind Regards
Paul

Ok

If you happen to see any miss-configurations or problems, please let me know.

Hello

yes the route-map is ghost configuration along with

ip nat inside source route-map track-primary-if interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1 overload

Its not servicing anything so it can be removed along with the above if you wanted 

to

Kind Regards
Paul

Ok, thanks! Do you think that was something the http server put in?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: