cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC T1 DSU/CSU

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the T1 WIC DSU/CSU card in my 2611 router, and I have the following config on int s0/0

interface serial 0/0:0

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

encapsulation hdlc

service-module t1 clock source line

service-module t1 timeslots 1 speed 56

This is a point to point 56k link. This link is working, and I have only just replaced a 2500 with the 2611 router.

The int s0/0 on the 2611 router is showing down down, my layer 1 is not coming up.

With the 2500 setup, I am using telco external DSU/CSU. With the 2611, I am trying to connect directly with telco using the WIC T1 card. Telco says they are not using framing or linecode on this link, and it is confirmed because the 2500 routers at both ends have no framing or linecode

configuration settings.

Any idea why my layer 1 is not coming up. I am using the cable that Cisco shipped with the T1 WIC DSU/CSU, and it is a straight through cable.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think for 56k lines you have to use wic-1dsu-56k4

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

So it is not possible to use the T1 WIC DSU/CSU card for 56k lines. I thought that was what the command

"service-module t1 timeslot 1 speed 56"was acheiving.

The wic-1dsu-56k4 is listed at $700 and the T1 WIC DSU/CSU at $1000. If I go for the 56k card now, and the customer want to upgrade his line to T1. He would have spent $1700k.

I am thinking there must be a way to make the T1 card work. Any suggestions group or should I just go and get the 56k card.

Thanks

A 56/64k card will only work with the a 56k line interface. Its not T1 timing signal compatable.

maybe buy can buy a wic-1t card and continuing using your external csu/dsu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card