Views
Helpful
Replies

Without Routing protocol

rakeshbiradar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

2 router connected with 1 each ISP link and connected with cisco L2 switch as truck port.

ISP 1 10.100.129.0 f0/0 connected to L2 switch port eth0/0 (Airtel ISP)

ISP 1 10.100.140.0 f0/0 connected to L2 switch port eth0/1 (TATA ISP)

Total 10 system connected to L2 switch.

6 systems in Vlan 129 and 4 systems are in Vlan 140.

I want intercommunication between 2 Vlan ? Kindly suggest what configuration need to do?

Without routing protocol.

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have two VLANs connected to a router, each with an IP on the router interface(s) (in your case if using trunk between switch and router, subinterfaces on router), router would "automatically" route between those connected networks.

However, reading you OP, I'm unsure I correctly understand your topology.  For example, you mention 10.x.x.x networks being connected to ISPs, but 10.x.x.x networks are private.

friend 
config both Edge router with HSRP group 
all client in all VLAN point to VIP HSRP group of VLAN. 
that what you need 

With @MHM Cisco World's mention of "both" and OP's mention of "2 router", your topology is two routers and one switch, correct?  (NB: If so, I misread/overlooked there being two routers.)  Each router has just one active interface, a trunk link with switch?

Again, unclear what your topology is.  Could you further clarify it?  (Diagram would be helpful.)

yes, 2 different router on one switch. HSRP not possible subnets are different.

Kindly refer the attachment attached.

"Kindly refer the attachment attached."

Sorry, don't see any attachment.

Gabriel Dias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there Friend,

Kindly suggest first uploading the topology to understand your issue better.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue seems to be that the ten systems are connected to different routers, and there is no operability between the six systems and the four systems.

First, I suggest you have one interface share from the two routers(Like a different VLAN).
Second I suggest having on VLAN 129 and 140 different networks(To have full connectivity)
Third, have a static route on ISP 1 from network 129 to 140 network. And have ISP 2 router a static way from 140 to 129.
This is a simple way to ensure you have only connectivity from the different Vlans.

Note:
I suggest a different configuration if you to be more ease.
As this is a Layer 2 Domain. You can have, for example:
10.100.0.0/23 for Vlan 140
10.100.1.0/23 for Vlan 129
This will allow the connectivity from the systems on the same VLAN(You should pass all the VLANs to just one, VLAN 130)
Disable DHCP, as this will be an issue if you want to have the Gateway as it was before and configure it as it was before, allowing connectivity from all the systems.
The note is a "works" solution but is just a workaround to make the job easy, but you might find issues.
Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card