cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck on an assignment

adribee
Level 1
Level 1

I am a student and I am stuck. I am not sure how to enable ping bilaterally 2 the 2 routers. Can someone walk me through the process?

fix me.png

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're saying you cannot ping from one router to the other, and the converse?

If so, WAN link is "up" and IP and masks, on the WAN interfaces, are in the same network?  If so, by default, you should be able to ping the other router's WAN IP.

Or are you saying you cannot ping from one server to the other and the converse?

If so, server and router's LAN interface should have an IP and mask in the same network, and server should (usually) define the router's LAN IP as its gateway.  Further, each router needs to "know" of the other router's LAN network, which might be accomplished by a static route on each router.

The task was to create a ping to and from the routers. Is it as
simple as filling in the static route information? 

Thank you for your help. I am very new to all this.

"The task was to create a ping to and from the routers."

You need to be a bit more precise, as in pinging to/from routers, what's the other device?

That said, information already provided, addresses both pinging just between routers or pinging between any devices.  (Yes, the latter, needs static routes, AND properly configured hosts, AND properly configured routers.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card