Views
Helpful
Replies

Change vBond in vEdge configuration from IP to hostname

snovak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we want to implement a second vBond in our network. For the first setup, we configured the single IP adress of the first vBond server. Now we want to change this to a hostname to give us redundancy.

For the CLI configuration this works like this:

vEdge(config)#system
vEdge(config-system)# vbond vbond.east.acme.com
!
vEdge(config)# vpn 1 host vbond.east.acme.com ip 1.2.3.4

This works fine for all devices in CLI-mode (in our case - the controllers). But I do not know how to push this configuration to the devices that are in vManage-mode.

There is no option in the templates to change this. I restarted all the controllers and vEdges, detached them, and changed several parameters in the configuration to trigger a configuration update, but the vBond is still configured as we did it in the initial setup.

Anyone has a clue how to change this? The devices are running on version 18.4.302.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in vmanage gui go to administration -> settings and edit the vbond details there with the FQDN instead of the ip.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Aicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the vbond address is not configurable in template.  it is copied from the configured vmanage settings and applied automatically with the system feature template.  simply edit the vmanage settings with the DNS name you want. 

for the host portion you add this in the VPN 0 template under DNS.  Click on new dns and fill in the host and ip fields.  It should generate a config like below

vpn 0
   name "VPN 0"
   host vbond.en-css.cisco.com ip 10.1.1.1

Hi David,

thanks for your response.

This is already configured on all the controllers and was quite easy since they are in CLI mode.

How do I push this to the vEdges? I tried restarting the controllers and routers and also created a new system template but the vBond entry was always the IP address of the first vBond that we configured with the initial setup.

in vmanage gui go to administration -> settings and edit the vbond details there with the FQDN instead of the ip.

ok thanks, I will try this out when I'm on-site next time.

Edit: It worked, thanks. Afterwards you need to change some variables on the CPEs to roll out this change too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: