Views
Helpful
Replies

DPI for Direct Internet Access on SD-WAN

MysticalTh0r
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

We are thinking of deploying an SD-WAN network and we'd like to know how the DIA works. As far as I've been able to see, it uses destination IP addresses: 

"It is also possible to configure a vEdge router to forward data traffic directly to the Internet, by specifying the destination IP prefix."

https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Software_Features/Release_18.3/07Policy_Applications/04Using_a_vEdge_Router_as_a_NAT_Device/Configuring_Local_Internet_Exit#Create_a_Data_Policy_to_Direct_Traffic_to_the_Internet_Exit

But I wonder if it's also capable on using DPI to route traffic based on applications by looking at L7 info or the applications that are configured are based on well known IP addresses, such as the IP address pool used by Office365,etc..

So my question is this, is SD-WAN capable of routing applications via DIA by using Deep Packet Inspecton or it's only capable of doing it via destination IP address? And if it's capable of doing it with DIA, how is it done and where is the docomentation which talks about it? Thanks,

Best regards.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: