Views
Helpful
Replies

High Speed Data Transfer

dhirhe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I'm looking to connect my two window PCs with an optical networking card (PCIe card) using fibre optics cable and I wish to achieve a 100gbps data rate. The wavelength I'm looking at is single lambda (~1550nm) possibility QSFP28. Can anyone suggest the optical networking card (PCIe card) with a single lambda QSFP28 or similar? this will be a great help to me

1 Reply 1

• Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4 - This card supports a single lambda QSFP28 connection and can achieve a data rate of up to 100 Gbps.
    Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4
  • Mellanox ConnectX-5 EN - This card also supports a single lambda QSFP28 connection and can achieve a data rate of up to 100 Gbps.

• ATTO CN100G-SFP28 - This card is a bit more affordable than the other two cards, but it still supports a single lambda QSFP28 connection and can achieve a data rate of up to 100 Gbps.

Make sure that the card is compatible with your motherboard and that it supports the type of fiber optic cable that you will be using. You should also make sure that the card has the features that you need, such as support for jumbo frames or VLAN tagging too.

HTH

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io