cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR1100 STP

hawaii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im wondering about spanning-tree process on ISR1100 version 16.10.2. Im after first production implementation, but after only one day had to rollback :( Not really sure what goes wrong, im investigating.

Anyway, the issue I was facing is that Catalist 2960 goes crazy, ping was alright but it was very laggy, and end customer also had problem with working online. There is nothing interesting in logs imo, first I did upgrade it to newest IOS, and only one thing what is interesting is that switch has in logs information about changing topology of stp, and changing designated root port. So my question is, there is almost nothing about stp in documentations, and there is some stp working on ISR tho. The bpduguard is shuting down in my ports on lab switch connected to any of lan ports of ISR1100-8PLTEEA. So when im connecting to wan ports gi0/0/x bpduguard on catalist no reacts, and when im connecting to any of lan ports of isr 0/1/x it shuts it down.

SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_BPDUGUARD: Received BPDU on port Gi2/0/7 with BPDU Guard enabled. Disabling port.

My enviroment is simple, ISR has 3 access ports connected to catalist2960,

- 0/0/1 control vlan - mpls, next in same vlan goes to ISP on catalist

- 0/1/0 - vlan 10 LAN

- 0/1/1 - vlan 20 phones

also one cellular, not really imported.

below its from ISR.

sh spanning-tree                                                                                                                                           

No spanning tree instance exists.

So how should I properly configure ports in cat? spanning-tree disabled? portfast enable or what is best practice.

0 Replies 0