Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset to fabric default not possible from console

Gioacchino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It seems that for vEdges certain commands cannot be issued on the console. For instance:

clear installed-certificate

and

request reset configuration

because the default answer NO is taken straight-away and the user doesn't have any choice.
The same works through SSH though.
Is it normal?

Cheers,

Gio

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Please correct me if Im not understading correctly. You could run these commands if the vedges are in vmanage mode but if you swap to CLI mode you will be able to execute the commands, I have used the last one and it works.

Regards.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

I'm totally new, how do I check if "vManage or CLI" is used? I started from scratch in building up a lab and hence all the settings are the default ones, I didn't impose any. I know there is this option in the vManage GUI but I have never used it.

I would say it's vManage.
Moreove rthe differnce I noticed was between the console and SSH access. So regardless of the "mode", whatever it is, the issue refers to the different way of accessing the device: console and SSH.

Regards,

Gio 

Hi Julio,

I realized that it was a matter of the telnet client used for the connection to the console. Microsoft telnet shows that problem (default answer is taken, perhaps a newline added without user's control that turns into accepting the default answer) whereas PuTTY doesn't show that issue. At the beginning I used MS telnet for console and PuTTY for SSH and I thought I could narrow down to the access method, actually the client is the problem.

Sorry and many thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Gio

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card