Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Lab in EVE-NG

Hi,

I am trying to build a SD-WAN lab using EVE-NG, so far the images for vManage and vSmart are booting ok but i cannot get to boot the image for the vEdge Cloud i have tried with 3 code version always with the same results, they are stuck in Initializing... and i never got the prompt for the credential, has any one had this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi Leonardo -

There is a lot of code update went into 20.5 / 20.6 releases. Can you please try with 4 CPUs / 4GB on the 20.6.x cloud vEdge ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I managed to get a vEdge Cloud version 18.4.5 to work, versions 19.x or 20.x for some reason never goes beyond "Initializing...", i put more CPUs and memory to the images but no luck still investigating, vManage and vSmart  v20.6.1 works ok.

Hi Leonardo -

vEdge cloud on which platform ? ESXi or AWS ? or ?
We don't have any reported issues of booting up with 20.6.1
As you mentioned, make sure, if you have the right sizing mapped to the vEdge.

Hi,

I am using VMware Workstation Player 16 with 6 CPUs and 32 GB RAM.

I am giving the vEdge Cloud 20.6.1 2 CPUs / 4 GB and the vEdge 18.4.5 1 CPU / 1 GB.

Code 18.4.5 works fine, other code version as 19.2.4 or 20.6.1 does not goes beyond "Initializing..." sometimes they reboot themselves.

hi Leonardo -

There is a lot of code update went into 20.5 / 20.6 releases. Can you please try with 4 CPUs / 4GB on the 20.6.x cloud vEdge ?

Hi.

I manage to get the vEdge code 20.6 to work on VirtualBox, for some reason in VMWare Player the CPU cores that i assigned were never really fully used , In Virtualbox i tried with 4 CPU/ 4 GB and i could really see the proper amount of CPUs working and the vEdge booting correctly, although is a bit slow, but that is really my PC low on resources I guess.

OK. Looks like we are good to go.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card