Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Cisco vs Fortinet

Hi community,

Can you tell me about pros/cons of cisco sdwan when comparing Fortinet?

With fortinet sdwan, we have free license. No subscription such as cisco, vmware, paloalto. So difficult to competing about price with fortinet.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Hi

One problem I tell you about Fortinet or any other non-cisco solution, there´s no profissional on the market and documentation is pretty poor. From the management perspective, this is complicated.

Uhm. I dont think so. Fortinet have online library and community also.

Almost customers tell Fortinet is very friendly. 

Focus about sdwan solution, do you have any ideas about advantages of cisco?

neelrupani3179
Level 1
Level 1

Fortinet SD-WAN : ease of deployment , straight away deployment , policy design is easy, so mean while control and troubleshooting is easy.

Cisco SD-WAN : I agree well designed mechanism , with vmanage , vbond  but it is tough little bit to manage compare to fortigate required qualified resources to manage that structure .

One friend from Forti TAC (former engineer) said that it is like DMVPN (afaik, ADVPN is called in Forti) with a bit SLA based path selection, so it is not "true sdwan".

One time I researched almost all main SD-WAN solutions, what I have seen in Cisco it is rich of deep routing with centralized policy. However, architecture is a bit difficult to understand (different controllers, controller to router and router to router operations, new overlay protocol OMP, its mechanism, TLOC etc.). You should be good at in routing/VRF based networking to understand Cisco overlay routing and operations.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: