cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Loopback Interface in Unbind Mode

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

How does TLOC work on Loopback Interface in Unbind Mode ?

Say i have cEdge two interfaces via separate paths to  ->CPE Router -> MPLS

And those samephysical interfaces connect to same CPE router into different VRF where there is connection to LTE APN's

How does this work in setup of VPN0 interface en the physical interfaces.

Can i use loopback interfaces to setup the TLOC in unbind mode ? Or do i need to use in bind mode and dedicate a seperate physical interface (even subinterface) to the MPLS and the LTE transports ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rami Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As far as I understand that there is a CPE router has two connections (MPLS & LTE) and you got a cEdge which has to see both transports.

If that is the case, you need either to connect two interfaces with two colors (mpls, lte) and provide the cedge with indirect connectivity to transports or if you prefer loopbacks to terminate TLOC form other edges you need to create two loopbacks in bind mode where each loopback refers to a dedicated physical interface.

I saw unbind or standlone mode is used when you have two or three transport with the same color (e.g. MPLS provider A, B & C) and as you know you can't configure two transports with the same color on the same router thus you have the option of unbind mode to aggregate all physical interfaces of the SAME transport behind a loopback address (remote IPSEC from remote branches can take any physical interface to reach Loopback). one downside of this is AAR policies will not work properly in this design since you have nothing special to differentiate between physical interfaces (because they got the same color).

Hope that clears the idea,

Regards,

Romio

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not sure I got your problem. Maybe some topology diagram will help.

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

Topology added

Rami Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As far as I understand that there is a CPE router has two connections (MPLS & LTE) and you got a cEdge which has to see both transports.

If that is the case, you need either to connect two interfaces with two colors (mpls, lte) and provide the cedge with indirect connectivity to transports or if you prefer loopbacks to terminate TLOC form other edges you need to create two loopbacks in bind mode where each loopback refers to a dedicated physical interface.

I saw unbind or standlone mode is used when you have two or three transport with the same color (e.g. MPLS provider A, B & C) and as you know you can't configure two transports with the same color on the same router thus you have the option of unbind mode to aggregate all physical interfaces of the SAME transport behind a loopback address (remote IPSEC from remote branches can take any physical interface to reach Loopback). one downside of this is AAR policies will not work properly in this design since you have nothing special to differentiate between physical interfaces (because they got the same color).

Hope that clears the idea,

Regards,

Romio

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

Yes thank you This cears it up. In our case we have just got some new CPE edge routers with more interfaces. So we will be going for dedicatied interfaces with their own color to the CPE.