cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade vManage 18.4.302 to 19.x - admin user loses all rights

Johann Lo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab vManage on 18.4.302 (that originally started on 18.3.x).

Whenever I upgrade to 19.x (tried 19.1, 19.2, 19.3), the admin user loses all rights. Anything I click on, even mark events as viewed, I get 'forbidden request; the user is not authorized to perform this operation. What the heck is going on?

Also the admin user PW is reset back to 'admin'.

I've tried different users (created before the upgrade in vManage) with netadmin group, they get the same authorization error.

Funnily I can SSH into vManage and create the user in CLI, however, that user ALSO gets the same authorization error.

Anyone seen this before? I've upgraded customer production vManages as well as other lab ones without issue, but this one just won't upgrade properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HashamM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try in private browsing or incognito mode to see if you still see the issue? If so, I suspect you just need to clear you cache and cookies on your browser.

also see what permissions are assigned to admin user in CLI.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

HashamM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try in private browsing or incognito mode to see if you still see the issue? If so, I suspect you just need to clear you cache and cookies on your browser.

also see what permissions are assigned to admin user in CLI.

interestingly in the vManage CLI the admin user has no groups assigned to it (this is in working state in 18.4).

I'll try the upgrade again tonight with a clear cookies / private browsing session

Note: I'm rolling back via CLI and request software activate 18.4.x which works fine. Its only the web session that has no permissions

Thanks clearing cookies removes the error.

I'm now running into a second issue where if I try to edit any templates it says that its locked by the admin user from <date in the past>. Do you know to clear this lock (maybe via a request in CLI?)