cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vManage in Active/Standby mode delay

craneman1
Level 1
Level 1

I have very small deployment 100 edges worldwide.

I was looking at clutering however it seems to be designed for much larger deployments.  I see there is a 4 ms latency requirement between vmange in clustering.

So I am thinking of an east coast/west coast active/standby.  I dont think ther eis a ms requirement because it seems you jsut restore the database on the standy if the active has failed.  Is that correct?

Also... I suppose it is possible to deply active/standy on east coast... and a stndby on west cost in case the enitre east coast data center dissapears...   I dont see that diagrammed in the sdwan design guide just the tradional active/standby east/west coast example.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

for 100 sites, yes, you can use disaster recovery option (we can call it active/standby). But note that, there is no sync between nodes, so you must restore database manually. Active/standby and standby option should also work, because there is no actual sync,connection requirement between vManages (for DR option, not cluster). You need separate IP, proper certificate installed in standby nodes and connection to vBond.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/knowledge-base/disaster_recovery_technote.pdf

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

for 100 sites, yes, you can use disaster recovery option (we can call it active/standby). But note that, there is no sync between nodes, so you must restore database manually. Active/standby and standby option should also work, because there is no actual sync,connection requirement between vManages (for DR option, not cluster). You need separate IP, proper certificate installed in standby nodes and connection to vBond.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/knowledge-base/disaster_recovery_technote.pdf

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: