Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible to have ESXi -->[web host (VM) ---- passthrough --- vEdgecloud ]

yvivekan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do to h/w resource constraint, we had to use vEdgecloud VM on a ESXi box.

To have end-end solution, we need our hosts connected to vEdgeCloud VM, for which we tried  having one of the interface in vEdgeCloud --- passthrough --- host VM (media server).

Now, vEdgeCloud VM has  1 interface to public network , 1 to the host (passthrough).

Is it a valid scenario ?   once we add passthrough gig interface to vEdgeCloudVM, we are loosing rechability to vEdge (though the interfaces showing up )

Anyone tried this kinda ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

What are you trying to achieve? Have the web host reachable via the vEdge cloud VM? What do you mean by pass through interface? Can't you just put them in the same port-group for the interface in the vEdge cloud that maps to the service VPN.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

Topology

Medi server (VM) ---- vEdgeCloud (VM)---- (network + viptela) --- vEdgeCloud (VM) --- client

If i want the traffic to pass through the vEdgeCloud,  i can't have it in a port group
rather, it should be uplink for the server - hence use passthrough interface (back-2-back between vEdgeCloudVM -- Server).

Thanks

Hi,

I dont recon this as a Valid scenario, possibly, have both Client and Server in Service VPN is more a likeable cause.

the client side vEdgeCloud not required.

my question is on  connecting a host media server VM  to  vEdgeCloud   ..and access the media server remotely

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card